OverviewCypress is an Electronic Report Distribution program that the UW Shared Service supports in liaison to the UW Madison DoIT Reporting team for various human resources reporting needs. This document will be used by University System human resources staff for installing the program, ASG-Cypress, on an end user's computer.
- To access/use the Cypress installed client, users will need to use MS Edge with Internet Explorer Compatibility Mode (MS Edge - Enable Internet Explorer Compatibility Mode )
- Cypress user accounts can be submitted/modified by using the following web forms.
Cypress User Authorization Request (Add, Change, Remove)
- To change your current Cypress Password, send an email to email@example.com.
- For users that have access to Tax and Earnings statement queries, the Cypress installed client will be needed.
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Access to the Cypress Web Client
Web Client access
- For users that have security access to Tax and Earnings statement queries, the Cypress web client access does NOT provide access to the Knowledge Builder tool that is needed to perform those queries.
- For users that have security access to Tax and Earnings statement queries, the Cypress thick client (installed software) DOES provide access to the Knowledge Builder tool that is needed to perform those queries.
Windows Cypress Software
- At minimum, your Windows account must have security rights that allows you to install the software on your computer.
- You MUST use Microsoft Edge with Internet Explorer compatibility mode enabled to access/use the installed version of Cypress.
- You cannot install Cypress installed software on any Mac OSX platform. Cypress is a Windows based software that uses ActiveX.
Remove Old Cypress Client Software Instructions
Users should uninstall/remove any previous versions of Cypress prior to installing the latest version of the software.
- Note: you may need the help of your local IT support person to add/remove software.
- Access your computer's Programs and Features menu by typing appwiz.cpl into your Windows Search menu (AKA Cortana).
- Locate the Cypress programs that are installed on your computer and click the Uninstall button while selecting each of the Cypress programs individually.
- Remove/Uninstall the Cypress UI program first.
- Remove the Cypress UI program first and then remove all other listed programs (see image above).
- After removing all previous versions of Cypress, there is no need to restart your computer.
Installing Cypress Version 9 (latest) Software
- Go to https://reportdistribution.doit.wisc.edu/cypress/launch-cypress/.
- Scroll down to the "Installation Instructions" section on the page.
- Click the "link" to start the installation.
- Click "Run" on the dialog box at the bottom of your screen.
- The installation will start. *NOTE If you are prompted with anything related to the safety of the software (see image below), go ahead and allow the installation to run anyway.
- Click "More Info" to allow the program to run.
- Then click "Run Anyway"
- The installation will start. Accept all default settings of the installation and view/agree to the terms of usage.
- When the installation is complete, go to the Cypress Launch page and click the "Launch Cypress Installed Client (V9)*" link.
- You will see the Report Distribution Full Client page.
- Click the link/button to activate Cypress.
- You might be prompted for "DocuVault Reconnection".
- Click "Try Again" or "Retry" to this error.
- Type in your userID and password (no domain needed here).
- The Cypress "Main Window" will open and you can start using Cypress.