EPD - eHelp - Online Learning Systems - Subscribing to a Learn@UW Course Calendar
There is a feature in Learn@UW that allows users to activate an iCal calendar feed to enable subscribing to a course calendar from their Outlook or Apple Calendar on their personal computer.
Please note: These instructions assume that the instructor has activated the course calendar in Learn@UW.
1. Navigate to the Learn@UW course site and click on the Calendar title. This will open the calendar viewing page.
2. From the calendar, click Settings in the upper right of the course page to open the Settings window.
3. In the Settings window, check "Enable Calendar Feeds" and save the changes.
4. There will be a "Subscribe" link on the main calendar viewing page. Click Subscribe.
5. In the Subscribe options, make sure to do the following:
- From the drop-list, select the specific course site to subscribe to. Selecting from the drop-list will display the specific iCal feed link for that course site option. All courses and tasks may be selected, but this will display ALL Learn@UW sites that the student is a member of, and can make the calendar quite messy.
- Copy the displayed link, and paste that link into the preferred Calendar software such as MS Outlook, Apple Cal, or other software that supports iCal feeds. Repeat this process for each course.
6. When configuring the calendar subscription in MS Outlook, Apple Cal, or other software, please see the particular software for options and setup. The screenshot below shows the subscription options for Apple Calendar software.