EPD - eHelp - Online Learning Systems - Moodle Quickmail
The Quickmail tool in Moodle provides the ability for emailing communications to individual students, groups, or by role (i.e., instructors, students, etc.) from within a UW-Madison Moodle course site. A Quickmail message is composed and sent from within the UW-Madison Moodle course site, but is delivered to the preferred email address of each specified recipient (usually their Wiscmail address). Quickmail has features to Compose New Email, View Drafts, and View History. If Quickmail is turned on for a particular UW-Madison Moodle site, a block similar to the image below will be seen.
Compose New EmailUse Role Filter/Potential Sections/Potential Recipients lists to add/remove recipients of the message.
- When writing to all instructors or students, use Role Filter to send a role.
- If communicating with a specific group in the course, use Potential Sections to select a group.
- When just sending messages to specific individuals, use Potential Recipients to add the recipients.Add Attachment(s) to a mail by clicking on the Add button, or drag and drop files in a designated area.
- Users may choose from a variety of sources to upload file(s): local drive, Google Drive, Box.net, or Private file space on Moodle.Typing in a Subject for the mail is a requirement.Edit the Message with the built-in text editor.
- Basic text-editing functions are available:No Signature is the only option in Signatures the drop-down list.Specify whether to Receive a copy or not.Complete the mail by clicking on one of the bottoms: Send Email/Save Draft/Cancel.
- Drafts can be pulled out later from View Drafts.View DraftsSelect View Drafts or View History to start with a draft or sent mail.
- Use the magnifying glass icon to Open Email, and the red cross-out icon to Delete Email.
- Note: Students cannot delete history.View HistoryHistory (sent mail) can be pulled out from the archive to revise and resend.