EPD - eHelp - Online Learning Systems - Moodle User Profiles
About User Profiles
The UW-Madison Moodle profile is a way to keep contact information up-to-date and to help colleagues and program staff contact a user when needed.
Access User Profiles
To view colleagues' user profiles:
1. Click the link in the "Participants" block.2. Select the person's name.
To view and edit the user profile:
1. Log in to UW-Madison Moodle.
2. From the UW-Moodle Navigation block, click View Profile located under the "My profile" list.
3. Click on Edit Profile in the "Settings" block.
Profile Selections and Preferred Settings
Suggested Profile SettingsRequiredEmail Address: The email address in not editable from the Moodle user Profile page and will default to the UW Email address. As it is university policy, students must regularly check their UW email. However, students may either:
- Setup email forwarding of their UW email account to a preferred email address, or
- Simply use and configure their UW email account for all program related activities.Using the Description Field
- Since the UW-Moodle profile page is somewhat awkward. A good suggestion is to use the Description field to provide quick access to your short bio, and other contact information including, Name, Location, Company, Email, and other contact information for colleagues, instructors and classmates.Important General Settings
- Email Digest Type
- Choose: No digest, Complete or Subjects, depending upon personal preference
- Forum Auto-Subscribe**
- Select: No, do not automatically subscribe to forums
- Forum Tracking**
- Select: Yes, highlight new posts
- Type: City and Stat/Province of place of work
- Select a Country
- Choose: Country of residence
- Select: Server's local time (this gives the correct calendar times for Web conferences and other timed course events)User PictureAdd a photograph to help colleagues, faculty, and staff put a face to the name. Please keep the photos professional. Feel free to add a description of the photo.InterestsList any optional interests. These items are then 'tagged' so students can see who shares their interests.OptionalStudents are welcome to fill out any of the optional fields, the information is not required.
**Important Fields to set according to email and notification preferences:
- Email digest type
- Forum auto-subscribe
- Forum tracking