EPD - eHelp - EPD Essentials - Archiving Course Material
EPD Online Graduate Programs
Students are responsible for saving any of their own course materials upon completion of the course, and will have access to course materials as stated below, unless otherwise noted from their instructor.
- Learning Management System (i.e., Desire2Learn, UW-Madison Moodle, etc.): The core course materials provided in LMS are available for 6 months after the course has concluded, unless otherwise specified by the instructor for the course. This material includes: instructor postings, resources, discussion forums, wikis, assignment files, calendar items, and other items on the course page. To collect this information, see the hints section below.
- UW-Madison Box: Some courses use UW-Madison Box for individual homework or group work. These collections will be maintained for the life of the student cohort, and students will have access to their work until their UW NetID expires. Students should plan ahead and archive this work to a local drive or personal cloud storage at any time before they lose access.
- Web Conference Video Recordings of the course web conferences are kept for 6 months following the completion of the course and cannot currently be saved for offline viewing.
Helpful Hints for Effective Collection of Course Material from the Course Page
- The instructor handouts and student handouts are often files that can be downloaded as pdf or html documents.
- The discussion threads and wikis are web pages, which can be saved manually as PDF (print to pdf), and downloaded.
- If your course has recorded video lectures or presentations, the ability to save and download may vary by course, and how the videos were delivered. For example, if a video is streaming only, such as a youtube video, you will be unable to download and archive the video. You can save the link to the video, but the extended access to the streaming video may vary.
Other Program Archival Policies
The university requires that the department keep an archival record of individual assignments, group assignments, quizzes, and exams for one year after the course is complete. The course grade book is to be archived for 2 years.