WiscIT Widget - Filters
These widgets are used in dashboards to filter the information by certain parameters, most commonly by date.
Before selecting the settings for the filter widget, the Business Object widgets it will affect must be selected from the Business Object dropdown box. The check box next to the dropdown makes all the Cherwell Business Objects visible.
- Filter by Date: This allows the dashboard's widget search results to be filtered by a date range.
- Ranges: This button opens a separate window where the possible date ranges to use appear. Check the boxes next to the options desired. The date range the filter should use by default should be selected from the drop-down box on the right.
- Note: Entered Range (found at the bottom of the allowed date ranges list) allows the user to set their own date range that may not fit the pre-set time periods. This should not be confused with the custom date button on the right. If a specific time parameter is often used by you or your department and is not readily available in the date range list, it can be added with that button.
- Filter Field: Choose the date field the widgets should be filtered by with this area.
- Hide date filters for other widgets on dashboard: Checking this box will hide the date filters on all other widgets that may use them on a dashboard that uses this specific filter widget.
- If widget has a Date/Time filter, use its field (even if different bus ob type): Check this box to allow a Widget with its own Date/Time filter to use its defined filtering field instead of the Dashboard filtering field (Ex: Dashboard filter uses Created Date Time but individual Widget uses Modified Date Time).
- Filter by Lookup Table: This allows the dashboard's widget search results to be filtered by the fields in a lookup table.
- Filter Field: Select the field of the Business Object to filter by from this dropdown list. This is where the values used are drawn from.
- Lookup: Select the lookup table to filter with from this dropdown. Check the Show all box to see all the possible lookup tables.
- Field: Choose the field in the lookup table that will have values that match the field in the Filter Field dropdown.
- Order by: Choose the field in the lookup table to sort the results of the filter by. The check box to the right of the dropdown chooses if they should be sorted in ascending order or descending order.
- Filter by Query: This allows the dashboard's widget search results to be filtered by a specific query.
- Criteria: Choose a pre-made search or create a custom query to choose how to sort the dashboard results. See Document 46175 is unavailable at this time. if more information is needed.