Office 365 (Outlook on the web) - Restoring a previous OneDrive document version
Each time you save a document in OneDrive, a version is saved to your version history. You can restore a document to any one of these versions at any time. The steps below explain how a user can restore/recover a previous version of a OneDrive document.
- Access OneDrive by first logging into Outlook on the web with your NetID and password and selecting your desired account from the linked account login page.
- On the Outlook on the web homepage, left-click the OneDrive option in the top right of the screen.
- With OneDrive open, find the document you wish to restore to a previous version and open the menu dialog by pressing the button pictured as three consecutive dots.
- On the following pop-up window, once again select the menu dialog menu by pressing the button pictured as three consecutive dots.
- On the following drop-down menu, select version history.
- A pop-up menu titled "Version History" should appear. Here you should see the different versions of your document that have been saved over time with a date and time next to each version. Hover your mouse over the version you want to restore to, left-click on the down arrow that appears and then restore
- A warning will appear asking whether you want to restore the document to this older version. If this is what you'd like, press ok
Note: The 'current' version of the document when you restore becomes a previous version. This means that if you did not mean to restore a previous version, you can undo the mistake.
- Click the X in the top right of the two menu windows and then open up the document to verify that the proper version was restored.