**Learn@UW (Madison Only) Using i>clicker: Software and Support
i>clicker is a student response system used in classrooms for polling, formative assessment, and attendance.
i>clicker Integrate is a wizard that provides a seamless integration of data between an LMS (learning management system) and i>clicker/i>grader.
Support for i>clicker
i>clicker is not a centrally supported tool on the University of Wisconsin-Madison, but instructors may choose to use the tool if they wish. The University of Wisconsin-Madison does not formally provide technical support for the tool. Best practice for support is to work directly with the i>clicker company.
All technical questions should be directed to i>clicker support at http://support.iclicker.com/.
How do instructors get started with i>clicker?The i>clicker system has three parts.
- Base and professor kit and REEF Account. The base plugs directly into a computer and collects the polling data. The kit also comes with two "instructor remotes" that can be used to control slide progression and polling. Reef is the cloud based option that can be run alone or with a base and i>clicker kit.Instructors can request a kit from the i>clicker company directly by calling Glen Garrett at i>clicker: email: firstname.lastname@example.org phone: 615-598-3638
- Remote. Sometime referred to as the "clicker." The remote is purchased by the student and registered with the i>clicker company. There are three different remotes students can use. The i>clicker base accepts votes from each of these, even if more than one product is used in a class. (i>clickerPlus, i>clickerGO, i>clicker2)
- Your instructor kit will include instructions on clicker registration that you can pass on to students.
- Your students will have several purchasing options:
- Purchase both new and used i>clickers from large online distributors, like Amazon. **Note, used i>clickers will require a one-time registration fee of $6.99 if students register at the company.**
- Purchase a code for i>clickerGo (if i>clickerGo is being used for the course). Use this link for more information: https://www1.iclicker.com/products/iclicker-go/
- Purchase from the UW Bookstore or other bookstore. i>clickers are purchased similarly to textbooks or tradebooks.
- If you are using the i>clicker/D2L integration, students must register through a "widget" that you place on your course homepage. See https://kb.wisc.edu/page.php?id=27652 for more details.
- If you are not using an i>clicker LMS integration, students must register at the i>clicker website: https://www1.iclicker.com/