Case Scenario Critical Reader - Authoring - Kaltura MediaSpace
Home > Authoring > Kaltura MediaStreamer
Kaltura is a place for instructors to easily host their videos and be able to distribute them to their students. Kaltura is the recommended method of hosting videos that will be embedded into CSCR. This guide will show you how to upload a video and embed it inside CSCR.
Step 1.) Login To Mediaspace and Upload video
1. Go to http://mediaspace.wisc.edu
2. Login to Mediaspace (if you have trouble with this, please refer to the Knowledgebase article on logging into Mediaspace.)
3. Click on the 'Add New' Button, and select 'Media Upload'
4. Click 'Choose a File to Upload' and select your file.
5. While the file is uploading, fill out any pertinent information, i.e. Name and select the permissions. Any of the permission options will allow the embed work code to work. Select the permission that best fits your situation.
Step 2.) Copy the Embed Code
1. Uploaded Media can be found under the My Media button on the title bar.
2. Double click your video and you can preview it. Below the video, select the Share button and then Embed. Copy the entire embed code
Step 3.) Paste Embed into CSCR
1. Select Web Embed from the Insert drop-down menu.
2. Paste the Embed Code under the Code tab. When finished, click Insert.