FN - Resolving Funding Error Issues
Funding errors related to a funding setup issue can be encountered in several HRS situations, such as:
The steps to resolve funding errors that are related to a funding setup issues, regardless of where and how encountered are addressed below
- during funding entry
- reviewing the Funding Edit Error Inquiry report, see KB FN - View Funding Edit Errors
- reviewing results during the annual fiscal year funding process (for more information see Fiscal Year End webpage)
"Budget Does not Exist" Error
Budget Does Not Exist Errors require budget category setup for salaries as an allowable expense category. Setup is done by the Grant Accountant for the Project listed in the funding string. This issue is most commonly encountered at UW-Madison (A).
Contact the applicable grant accountant to request setup of budget categories to resolve “Budget Does Not Exist” errors.
"Invalid ChartField" or "Combo Error"
Invalid Chart Field or Combo Errors are resolved by an account setup in the Controller’s Office by contacting the Controller, Assistant Controller or Chief Accountant.
Whenever possible, the account setup should be completed the day before the final calculation so it can process overnight in the event an overnight HRS/SFS sync is required. If the controller’s office cannot complete the setup the funding in the account tree, then different funding will need to be entered prior to final calc and confirm.
"Project Status is A, C, H or J" or "Accounting Date is Outside of Project Begin and End Dates"
These errors are caused by the accounting date being outside of the project begin and end date and the project or funding has expired. Typically, new funding needs to be entered. If the project should be valid, but is not, contact the grant accountant.
- FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
- FN - Add or Change Department Level Funding for an Appointing Department
- FN - Resolve Error Messages on Funding Data Entry Page
- FN - View Funding Edit Errors