WiscIT Widget - Search
Use this type of widget to make a search box available on a dashboard to search on specific business objects that may or may not be included in the quick search box in the upper right corner of the Cherwell window.
- Title: This area is largely unused in the widget and does not need to be filled in.
- Available Searches: Select the type of search that is to be used in the widget.
- Quick Search: Searches multiple items simultaneously.
- Specific Searches: Searches one item at a time.
- Both: Use both types of searches when using the widget.
- Default: Choose which type of search the widget should default to.
Options: Configures the behavior for the type of search selected.
- Quick Search Options
- Custom Watermark Text: Choose what kind of text appears in the search box when it appears on a dashboard.
- Add: Select a Business Object for the search widget to search. An incomplete list of the available Business Objects is pictured below. Once a Business Object is selected, a Configure Business Object Search window will open.
- Edit: Re-open the Configure Business Object Search window to edit the settings originally selected.
- Remove: Remove the selected Business Object from the search options.
- Arrow Buttons: Move the Business Objects up and down in their relative order.
- Specific Search: The same basic commands regarding Business Objects as the Quick Search are available, with a couple options for overall search configurations.
- Include All of the Items Available...: This allows the search to include all the items available in quick search as individual specific options.
- Include All Standard Objects...: Allows the widget to make all standard objects available to the user as specific options
Configure Business Object Window: This window appears when a new Business Object is added or an existing one is edited. The icons along the right allow the user to see the options that correspond with each configuration. An orange background behind the icon means the option has been toggled on.
- Name: Name that appears when the search is run and how it appears when editing the widget.
- Custom Watermark Text: Set the custom watermark text to appear on the active widget when the current specific Business Object is selected.
- Search for Any/All Words: Set the widget to search any or all words entered into the search bar.
- Open [Business Objects] Only: Search only open instances of the Business Object. This option can be toggled on and off by checking or unchecking the check box.
- Changed: Set a date range to limit the search if needed.
- Sort By: Choose how the results of the search will be sorted. Relevance is the default option, but any field from the Business Object can be used to sort by. Choose ascending or descending order by selecting or deselecting the icon to the right of the drop down menu.
- Search Related: Check this box to search related Business Objects.
- Search Attachments: Check this box to search attachments to Business Objects in the search.
- Limit Results: If a search should not be including certain kinds of results, they can be limited by building a custom query. See WiscIT - Using the Search Function in Cherwell if needed.
- Default to Limited: This check box is always checked by default.
- Limit Display Text: Type in the text that appears when the search has limited results.