Office 365 (Outlook 2010) - Subscribe to an account
This document explains how to subscribe to (or 'access') an account in Outlook.
- You must have full mailbox permissions to the account you are attempting to subscribe to.
- If you are linked to a NetID or Service account, Outlook 2010 will automatically add the account to your profile (AutoMapping). There is no need for you to do anything else.
- If you are set as the owner of a resource account, you are granted full mailbox permissions. Resource accounts do not get mapped automatically.
Adding An Account
- Start Outlook.
- From the File menu select Account Settings, and select Account Settings from the sub-menu.
- Within the E-mail tab, double-click on the default Office 365 account.
- In the "Change Account" window click the More Settings... button
- In the "Microsoft Exchange" window, select the Advanced tab and click the Add button.
- In the "Add Mailbox" window, enter the name of the account you want to add and click OK.
Note: You cannot add an e-mail address - you need to enter in the name of the person or account you are attempting to add.
If you do not see the account you're looking for appear or you get an error, it may not be a searchable address in the Global Address List. For instructions, please refer to our documentation here.
- It should take you back to the "Microsoft Exchange" window and you should see the account appear in the mailboxes box. Click Apply.
Note: Outlook may become unresponsive for several minutes. Please be patient and let Outlook return to its normal mode.
- Click the OK button.
- Click Next in the "Change Account" window and then click Finish.
- Click Close in the "Account Settings" window.
Within a few minutes, the account should appear in your mail/calendar folder pane. Note: If the account does not appear, please restart Outlook.
You are now able to manage permissions for the calendar of this account.