BN - WED - ABBR Unrounded Report
This KB document provides the steps required to add an Annual Benefit Base Rate for Income Continuation Insurance and State Group Life based on the WED - ABBR Unrounded Report.
Income Continuation Insurance (ICI) and State Group Life Insurance (SGL) requires an Annual Benefit Base Rate (ABBR) for the payroll process to accurately calculate the insurance premiums to charge each payroll. The unrounded ABBR may cause insurance premiums to calculate correctly according to the rules for ICI and SGL. Benefit Administrators need to review the employee's job and compensation data and update or correct an ABBR accordingly.
- Error listing:
- Employees with an ICI and SGL ABBR not rounded to the nearest thousand OR
- Employees with an SGL7 ABBR not rounded to the nearest five hundred
- Credentialed users can enter an ABBR or correct an ABBR
- Updated Annual Benefit Base Rate for Income Continuation Insurance and State Group Life on all active Employee Records.
- WiscIT requesting a Payline Adjustment if the employee's premiums were incorrect and you do not have access to enter paylines.
- The employee will fall off the error query the following business day.
- The WED is available for credentialed users ONLY and is based on current security roles. Queries will be viewable only if they have the ability to fix them.
- The ABBR should be entered or fixed prior to the first payroll in which Income Continuation Insurance and State Group Life Insurance premiums will be charged.
- ICI ABBR's are based on an estimated annual salary during the first year an employee is eligible for the WRS. The Annual ICI Process will then update the ABBR each year based on the prior WRS year's earnings.
- SGL ABBR's are based on an estimated annual salary during the first year an employee is eligible for the WRS. The Annual SGL Process will then update the ABBR each year based on the prior WRS year's earnings or the highest year of reported WRS earnings, whichever is higher.
- SGL ABBR should match the coverage amount on the State Group Life Insurance application submitted to Department of Employee Trust Funds.
- SGL7 ABBR's are based on 50% of highest year of reported WRS earnings.
- An ICI and SGL ABBR must be added to EVERY active Employee Rcd (Empl_Rcd) to ensure that the ICI and SGL premiums will calculate correctly regardless of which Empl_Rcd is marked as the Benefits Primary Record. More information on Benefits Primary Records is available in the Related KB Documents and Job Aids section below.
- HRS will NOT recognize a change in ABBR as an event requiring benefits retro to calculate. In the event an ABBR has been changed after a payroll has run, a payline adjustment will be required to pick up the missing premium. If you do not have the security to add a payline adjustment, please open a WiscIT and assign it to your AG Group. Please note: clicking the WiscIT button will not automatically create a ticket for you in Cherwell.
- ABBR effective date cannot be earlier than the hire date on each Employee Record.
- Income Continuation Insurance ABBR's MUST be changed mid-year due to permanent changes in FTE or annual salary. For more information about ICI mid-year changes, please visit the Income Continuation Insurance: Annual Base Benefit Rate Rules.
- State Group Life ABBR's are NOT changed mid-year due to changes in FTE or annual salary.
- If you are missing an ABBR for a date other than the initial date of State Group Life eligibility (i.e. an historical row), you will need to use correction to add the effective dated row.
1. Log into HRS. The Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear to the right of the main menu. Error queries appear based on your current security and whether there is an error to fix.
2. Click on the hyperlink for the UW_BN_ICI_ABBR_UNROUNDED query.
3. A current list of employees whose ICI, SGL, or SGL7 ABBR values are not rounded will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening.
Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error. (This may occur if the employee has a ABBR Mismatch error.)
4. Click the Check to Claim checkbox next to the employee you wish to work on. Your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
5. Click the BN_ANNL_BENEF_BASE hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
6. The employee's Update ABBR page will be displayed. Click on the magnifying glass icon to select the ABBR type of ICI, SGL or SGL7 and identify which ABBR and effective dated row has a value unrounded. (Note: You will need to click on the Correct History button to correct an existing ABBR .) In our example, the employee has a unrounded SGL ABBR effective 2/13/2012.
7. The Effective Date used must be equal or prior to the deduction effective date of their Income Continuation and State Group Life enrollment, and the Annual Benefits Base Rate equal to the annual salary rounded UP to the next highest $1,000. In our example, we are adding an ABBR Type of SGL, an Effective Date of 7/1/2016, and an ABBR amount of $44,000 which was on the State Group Life Application submitted to Department of Employee Trust Funds.. (Please note: do not use commas or decimal points when entering an ABBR. The system will add the decimal point upon saving the record. In addition, you will not be able to enter a effective date earlier than the Employee Record hire date.) When all information has been added, click the Save button to save the record.
8. To verify that you now have an ICI, SGL or SGL7 ABBR entered into the system correctly, navigate back to Review ABBR's (menu item below Update ABBRs on the left menu bar)
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
- OHRWD Website: Disability and Income Replacement Insurance
- Income Continuation Insurance: Annual Base Benefit Rate Rules
- OHRWD Website: State Group Life Insurance
Related Job Aids
- RR - WED - Workflow Exception Dashboard
- UWSC Support - Personalize HRS Home Page Content and Layout
- BN - WED - Benefit Primary Flag Assignment
- BN - Annual Benefits Base Rate (ABBR)
- BN - WED - Income Continuation Insurance Missing/Incorrect ABBR Report
- BN - WED - State Group Life Missing/Incorrect ABBR Report
- BN - WED - ABBR Mismatch Report
- BN - Review Disability Benefit Enrollments
- BN - Review Life and AD/D Benefits Enrollments