Moodle - Administer an Active Quiz
Instructions on how to run an Active Quiz in Moodle.
- Select the quiz that you would like to administer.
- Give a unique name to the session, and then select Start Session.
- Prior to starting the quiz, a display box with descriptions of the
Control buttons will be displayed giving a description of each button.
- Start quiz. Note: If students
have clicked on the quiz prior to the instructor, the student will need to
refresh their browser.
- Control buttons will appear at the top of the next page. First question will appear.
- In the first blue box, the instructor will see the number of groups that are logged in and the groups that have not responded:
- In the second blue box, the aggregate response chart will appear for multiple choice questions and update in realtime as groups respond.
The instructor will also see how each group responds below the chart. If option to view Response history has been selected upon set-up, response history will appear under each group's response.
Multiple Choice Question View (with Response History):
Missing Word Question View:
PoodLL Question View:
- When all groups have responded, select End question to end the poll.
- Select Next question or Go to question button to proceed with quiz.
- When quiz is complete, select the Close session button.
- Select View responses to see the student’s responses, select the
session to view from the dropdown.
Grade any questions where manual grading is required.
If students worked in groups, select the regrade all grades button to push grades to all students.