D2L - Student cannot see a course in D2L (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
This document explains the circumstances under which a student may not be able to see a D2L course and their solutions.
- My Courses has not been expanded on the My Home Page. Use the button to expand all courses.
- Semester has not been expanded on the My Home page
- Use the button to expand the current semester (See Viewing Current Courses for more information)
- The instructor may have chosen to hide the course from student view. Students must wait for the instructor to reveal course using start/end dates following the instructions in Limiting Student Access to a Course.
- Instructor has not activated course
- Student has not registered for the course
- The student must register for the course in My UW-Madison and wait 2 business days (up to 72 hours) to be added to their D2L course.
An enrolled student experiencing this problem should contact the course instructor to verify that the course's start and end dates are not restricting access (unless this behavior is desired). If the class is available, the student should request that the instructor add them. If the instructor is not successful in adding the student, the student should report this to the Help Desk.