Midwest Pediatric Surgical Consortium (MWPSC) Fact Sheet
Version date: March 2015
What is MWPSC?
MWPSC is a research partnership involving pediatric surgeons at 10 children’s hospitals. An IRB reliance agreement for MWPSC is nearing completion. This agreement will allow for eligible studies to be reviewed by a single IRB of record.
Which institutions are MWPSC partners?
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin
- Children's Mercy Hospital (Kansas City)
- Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center
- Indiana University (Riley Hospital for Children)
- Nationwide Children's Hospital
- Northwestern University (Lurie Children's Hospital)
- University of Chicago (Comer Children's Hospital)
- University of Louisville (Kosair Children's Hospital)
- University of Michigan (Mott Children's Hospital)
- University of Wisconsin - Madison (American Family Children's Hospital)
- Washington University in St. Louis (St. Louis Children's Hospital)
Who may qualify to use the MWPSC reliance agreement?
Researchers affiliated with one or more MWPSC institutions may use the MWPSC reliance agreement for pediatric surgery research.
What types of research may qualify for review under the MWPSC reliance agreement?
At this time, the MWPSC reliance agreement is restricted to pediatric surgery research.
What is the first step in requesting review by MWPSC?
Studies must be reviewed and approved by the MPSC Members (i.e., the clinical care providers comprising the Consortium) to be eligible to use the MPSC IRB Reliance Agreement process.
Who can I contact with questions about the HS IRBs' participation in the MWPSC?
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.