Moodle - Using Gravatar
This article summarizes what Gravatar is and how it can be used in Moodle
What is Gravatar
An "avatar" is an image that represents you online—a little picture that appears next to your name when you interact with websites.
A Gravatar is a Globally Recognized Avatar. You upload it and create your profile just once, and then when you participate in any Gravatar-enabled site, your Gravatar image will automatically follow you there. In UW Moodle, your gravatar will show up as the picture associated with your account. Instructors and other students in your classes will see the gravatar alongside your name.
How to Create a Gravatar to use in Moodle
2. In the middle of the page, click Create Your Own Gravatar
3. Fill in the fields for E-mail Address, Username and Password. NOTE: the email that you enter MUST be the same one that is used for your Moodle account, otherwise the gravatar won't show up in Moodle. To check your Moodle email address, click on "View Profile" in the navigation block inside Moodle.
4. You will then receive a confirmation email. Go to your email and click Activate
5. You will be taken to the Gravatar sign in page, click on Sign in to Gravatar to proceed
6. After submitting your email/username and your password, click Sign In
7. On the Manage Gravatars page, you will need to add the image you'd like for your Gravatar. To do this, click on the Add one by clicking here!
8. Choose the location that your image is stored. If you choose "My computer's hard drive, you'll need to press Choose File, select your file and then press Next.
9. Crop the photo to your preference and press Crop and Finish!
10. Rate your photo according to Gravatar's rating system