Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Copying a Course from a Previous Semester
There are three paths to obtaining a new Learn@UW course:
- This document describes the process required for UW-Madison instructors to copy previous course material to a new course and to then activate the new course.
- To activate a timetable course in the current semester please see Activating a Current Semester Course.
- To request a new Learn@UW course for either a future timetable course or a non-timetable course, please see Requesting a future or non-timetable course.
Copy material from previous course
Note: You must have instructor access to the course you wish to copy information from in Learn@UW. If you do not have access to the previous course, have an instructor of that course add you as an instructor using the procedure in Adding Participants to a Course.
For instructions on adding materials from a previous course, see Learn@UW - Copying Components from One Course to Another .
For instructions on adding materials from an archived course, see22417.(Note: There are some course components that you need to manually "turn on" once you have imported them, please see "Applying Copied Components to a new course.")
For information on activating a course when materials have been added, see Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Activating a Current Semester Course .
- Learn@UW - Copying Grades Settings from Another Course Does Not Copy Personal Display Options
- Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Changing Info in Automatically Created Courses
- Learn@UW - Limiting Student Access to a Course
- Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Instructor Cannot See a Course in Learn@UW
- Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Requesting a course that is not automatically created (future, non-timetable, Independent Study)