D2L - Copying a Course from a Previous Semester (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
There are three paths to obtaining a new D2L course:
- This document describes the process required for UW-Madison instructors to copy previous course material to a new course and to then activate the new course.
- To activate a timetable course in the current semester please see Activating a Current Semester Course.
- To request a new D2L course for either a future timetable course or a non-timetable course, please see Requesting a future or non-timetable course.
Copy material from previous course
Note: You must have instructor access to the course you wish to copy information from in D2L. If you do not have access to the previous course, have an instructor of that course add you as an instructor using the procedure in Adding Participants to a Course.
For instructions on adding materials from a previous course, see D2L - Copying Components from One Course to Another (UW-Madison) .
For instructions on adding materials from an archived course, see22417.(Note: There are some course components that you need to manually "turn on" once you have imported them, please see "Applying Copied Components to a new course.")
For information on activating a course when materials have been added, see D2L - Activating a Current Semester Course (UW-Madison) .
- Learn@UW - Copying Grades Settings from Another Course Does Not Copy Personal Display Options
- D2L - Changing Info in Automatically Created Courses (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Limiting Student Access to a Course (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Instructor Cannot See a Course in D2L (UW-Madison)
- D2L - Requesting a course that is not automatically created (future, non-timetable, Independent Study) (UW-Madison)