OverviewThis document provides a summary of how the rounding of hours is applied within HRS. When FLSA nonexempt hourly employees enter In and Out punch times on the timesheet, the Reported Time will be rounded to a quarter hour in Payable Time based on the chart below.
- Use the following chart for rounding hours in HRS
You may click on the links below to navigate directly to a section:
Time is reported by the employee on the timesheet:
After the Time Administration process runs, the Payable Time Detail screen displays the Payable Time rounded by the quarter hour.
Rounding is done at the punch level.
- If an employee punches in at 8:03 AM, the Time Administration process runs and rounds that punch to an 8:00 AM punch.
- The employee punches out at 11:55 AM for lunch and the Time Administration process rounds that punch to 12:00 PM in Payable Time.
- The employee finishes lunch and punches back in at 12:38 PM, which will be rounded to 12:45 PM in Payable Time.
- The employee finishes work for the day and punches out at 4:32 PM, which will be rounded to 4:30 PM.
Note: After the Time Admin process runs, a variation may be seen between the Reported Hours on the timesheet (which displays the Reported Time before rounding) and the Payable Time Summary (which displays Payable Time after rounding).