Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Master KB: Dropbox for Instructors
An overview document with links to other helpful documents relating to the Dropbox in D2L (Learn@UW)
- Learn how to create dropbox folders here; you can also create folders for group, instead of just individual, submission.
- You can associate a Dropbox folder with a grade item in your gradebook for easy grading and feedback.
- If you want to save student files from the Dropbox after the course has ended, you can export and save them in bulk as a zip file.
- You can now restore any deleted dropbox folders, along with associated files through the new restore folders and files feature.
Troubleshooting and Things to Know
- Seeing names you don't recognize in the Dropbox, this may be your problem.
- If you have more than 600 students in your class, you may encounter this error when trying to leave feedback in Dropbox.
- Keep in mind that grades reported from Dropbox to the gradebook are a percentage, not a total number of points.
- If a student claims to have submitted a file to the Dropbox and you can not find it, follow these steps.
For information on how to get help for any Learn@UW related problem, please click here
No matter the issue, you will find help and useful information in the UW-Madison knowledgebase (kb.wisc.edu). Here are a few tips to keep in mind while searching it.