D2L - Master KB: Dropbox for Instructors (UW-Madison)
An overview document with links to other helpful documents relating to the Dropbox in D2L (Desire2Learn)
- Learn how to create dropbox folders here; you can also create folders for group, instead of just individual, submission.
- You can associate a Dropbox folder with a grade item in your gradebook for easy grading and feedback.
- If you want to save student files from the Dropbox after the course has ended, you can export and save them in bulk as a zip file.
- You can now restore any deleted dropbox folders, along with associated files through the new restore folders and files feature.
Troubleshooting and Things to Know
- Seeing names you don't recognize in the Dropbox, this may be your problem.
- If you have more than 600 students in your class, you may encounter this error when trying to leave feedback in Dropbox.
- Keep in mind that grades reported from Dropbox to the gradebook are a percentage, not a total number of points.
- If a student claims to have submitted a file to the Dropbox and you can not find it, follow these steps.
For information on how to get help for any D2L related problem, please click here
No matter the issue, you will find help and useful information in the UW-Madison knowledgebase (kb.wisc.edu). Here are a few tips to keep in mind while searching it.