WiscIT Widget - Shapes, etc.
These widgets are only found in the Dashboard Editor and cannot be found in the Widget Manager.
Shapes: These widgets are simple shapes that are meant to be backgrounds to the various Cherwell widgets that are more complex.
- Rectangle: Simple rectangular shape that has sharp corners
- Rounded Rectangle: Simple rectangular shape with rounded corners
- Tab: Simple rectangular shape with sharp corners and a small tab in the upper left, similar to a file folder
- Rounded Tab: Simple rectangular shape with rounded corners and a small tab in the upper left, similar to a file folder
- Ellipse: Simple circular shape that can be stretched into an oval if desired.
- Image: Widget that is only used to show a particular image.
- The image can be chosen by opening the Image Manager through the Set Widget Image button.
- Visibility of the image can be changed depending on certain conditions using expressions. These can be changed by clicking on the Widget Visibility button.
- Both of these buttons can be found in the large Control Properties bar. See WiscIT - Using the Dashboard Editor - Windows Client for more information on the buttons' options.
- Text: Widget that shows text on the dashboard.
- Type the desired text into the text box just above the Widget Menu on the left side of the editor.
- The text font, font size, and color can be changed like any other widget's with the corresponding buttons in the Control Bars.
- The text in text widgets can be set to wrap in its text box by clicking on the wrap text button.
- Text that appears in a selected text widget can also be set conditionally with expressions by clicking on the Expression for Determining Text button on the right of the Widget Label Text box.
- Button: This is a widget that can activate some action to occur. For example, it can run a one-step, link to a dashboard, run a report, or run a search.
- The text on a button can be changed just like the text of any other widget.
- Right click on the button after adding it to the dashboard and select Widget Properties to open the "Choose Action" window. Click on the button with an ellipsis on it to open the Action Manager. Choose the item you want to activate, run, or open from this window and click OK, then OK again on the smaller window.
- Link: This is a widget that is essentially a combination of a text widget and a button widget. A link can also be used to run an action, but it looks like a text widget.
- The text is edited like any other widget and can be wrapped like a text widget.
- Right click on the link after adding it to the dashboard and select Widget Properties to open the "Choose Action" window. Click on the button with an ellipsis on it to open the Action Manager. Choose the item you want to activate, run, or open from this window and click OK, then OK again on the smaller window.