Join a Lync Meeting or an Audio or Video Conference Call with Lync 2013 for iPad
On this page you can learn how to join a Lync meeting using Lync 2013 for iPad.
You can schedule a Lync conference call from your desktop computer and then join the conference from Lync for iPad. Or, if you’re in a call with someone who’s using Lync on their computer, they can add participants to the call.
You can’t start an ad hoc conference call or add participants to an existing conference call when you’re using Lync for iPad.
When you join a Lync Meeting using Lync for iPad, you can view uploaded PowerPoint slides and screen sharing in the meeting.
- To join Lync Meeting, from the left, tap the fourth icon to get to the Meetings screen.
- From the Meetings screen, from the Online tab (which shows only your Lync meetings), select the meeting that you want to join, and then tap Join Meeting.
- Depending on how you set your VoIP call options, one of the following happens:
- You’ll be connected to audio or video using VoIP either by using Wi-Fi (if you connected to a Wi-Fi network), or your cellular data plan.
- Or, Lync calls you on your mobile phone and you’ll need to accept the Lync call in order to join the meeting. This happens only when your audio or video call options are set to ON and your device isn’t connect to a Wi-Fi network.
You can also dial in to the meeting from any phone by dialing the Join by Phone numbers listed in the meeting invitation. The dial-in phone number is listed towards the bottom of the meeting request.
After you dial in, your phone number is displayed in the meeting roster.
The meeting lobby is an online waiting area. The meeting leader can control access to the meeting, or admit someone who doesn’t have the correct meeting credentials.
If the meeting leader has enabled the meeting lobby, you’ll need to wait until the meeting leader admits you to the meeting. If you’re waiting in the lobby, don’t move to another app because your request to join the meeting will be cancelled if you do.