Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Self Registration Courses
Overview of Self Registration courses on the UW-Madison campus.
UW-Madison offers a few self registration courses. Students need to self-register to access these courses.
Students will be given access to the Learn@UW course depending on a few factors. If the student registered before the course is activated, they will be given access as soon as the course is activated. Otherwise, you will be given access when integration is run, which is every few weeks.
The Self Registration courses for which you are already registered are located on your My Course Dashboard in the Ongoing directory (please note that you must be logged in). Expand the directory by clicking on the Ongoing banner to reveal the complete list of courses you are enrolled in.
- Note: This directory does not exist unless you are currently enrolled in a self-registration course.
How to Self Register
NOTE: These instructions use "School of Nursing - Online course orientation" as an example. This process applies to any self registration course.
- After logging successfully into the Learn@UW Course Dashboard, find the text "Direct Access to". Then Select 1. Desire2Learn > 2. Self-Registration.
- You will be brought to a long list of Self-Registration courses. Navigate to the "School of Nursing - Online course orientation"
- After selecting the course, the Description dialog will appear. This screen provides course name and basic information about the course. Press the "Register" button, (3).
- On the Registration Form, enter your name, (4), and answer the questions below. Questions will vary depending on the class. Press "Submit", (5).
- Click Finish.