Campus Software Library Sigmaplot Installation
How to install Sigmaplot 13 for use in UW-Madison research.
*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***
SigmaPlot 13 installation REQUIRES administrative privileges to properly complete. Once you have downloaded the software, start the installer right-clicking on the downloaded file and selecting "Run as administrator".
The Campus Software Library version of SigmaPlot 13 relies on a shared 20-user concurrent licensing system tied to the UW-Madison campus. In order to run the software you MUST be on a UW-Madison campus IP address (wired or wireless) or using a UW-Madison VPN pool address (static or dynamic).
SigmaPlot can only be installed and run in recent Microsoft Windows operating systems. It can also be installed in a virtual machine (VM), or using desktop based virtualization software such as Parallels and VirtualBox on a Mac. The following instructions will install Sigmaplot 13 on your computer, but initially it will only work for the user account under which it was installed initially. To use the software on other user accounts, either install the software again on the new account, or follow troubleshooting procedure #2 in KB article #49973.
Download the software from the Campus Software Library and start the installer "sp13install.exe" with administrative privileges.
→ Make sure to note the serial number on the downloads page, you will need it. ←
1. Follow the prompts through the installer, and accept the license agreement.
2. Fill out the personalization info. In the serial number box, enter the number found on the download page.
3. When prompted to choose a license type, select "network client".
4. Enter a destination folder, or keep the default. Click next to continue.
5. All features will be installed by default. Change if you must, but click next to continue.
6. Do not be alarmed by the "standalone" and "30 days evaluation license in the installation preferences. Click next to continue.
7. Once the installation completes, click "Finish".
8. Ensure your computer is connected to the campus network, or WiscVPN, and start the SigmaPlot software. If you receive an error message regarding licensing, check your network connection. If you receive a licensing error, please check troubleshooting tips in Campus Software Library Sigmaplot Troubleshooting