BN - WED - Missing ICI (3Z) Enrollment Report
Faculty, Academic Staff, and Limited Appointees eligible for the Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS) can choose to enroll for Early Income Continuation Insurance (ICI) effective the first of the month on or following their date of hire provided they enroll within 30 days*. Between the employee's date of hire and 12 months of WRS eligible service; however, they are required to pay the full cost for this plan and are enrolled in Plan Type 3Y - ICI Early coverage. At 12 months of WRS state service, they are eligible to receive the employer share of the premiums paid on their behalf. Benefit Administrators need to manually cancel the Early coverage under Plan Type 3Y and enroll them into the equivalent regular ICI Benefit Plan under Plan Type 3Z. This procedure will provide the steps required to fix the enrollments for an employee currently elected into Income Continuation Insurance Early (3Y) without a future dated election into regular Income Continuation Insurance (3Z).
- Prior to January 1, 2016, Faculty, Academic Staff, and Limited Appointees eligible for the WRS were allowed to enroll for the Early ICI coverage effective First of the Month on or after 6 months of WRS state or local service.
- Changes made retroactively to a confirmed payroll should generate a Benefit Retro to refund the Early coverage. It is important to monitor retro the following business day. If Retro is not triggered correctly to refund the necessary premiums, please enter a Benefits Payline Adjustment or contact your AG Group to have a Payline entered on the employee's behalf.
- When you log into HRS, Workflow Exception Dashboard queries will appear on the main screen. Click on the hyperlink for the UW_BN_ICI_MISSING_ENROLLMENT query.
- A current list of employees who are enrolled for Early ICI coverage but are missing a future dated regular ICI enrollment row will be displayed. This list will be refreshed each evening. NOTE: Empl_ID's that appear as hyperlinks in the list have more than one error. Please make sure you fix all errors associated with the employee.
- Click the Check to Claim checkbox next to the employee you wish to work on. Your name will appear in the Claimed By section with the date and time noted.
- Click the DISABILITY_BENEFIT hyperlink for the employee you have claimed.
- Confirm that the employee is actively enrolled in Plan Type 3Y for Early ICI Coverage. (Note the Benefit Plan the employee is currently enrolled in. You will need to enroll them in the equivalent elimination period under Regular coverage.)
- Click the "New Window" hyperlink in the top right corner of your screen to open a second window.
- Navigate to: Benefits > Manage Automated Enrollments > Events > On Demand Event Maintenance to verify if an ADM Event already exists for the effective date you need.
- Check if an Event is pending at the top of the page. Click the Schedule/Prepare Activity button. Click Yes to acknowledge the confirmation box. This will open the Event for processing.
- NOTE: If an Event is not pending, click on the Event Status Update button to determine if an ADM Event with that date has already been finalized. If the Event exists, reopen and reprocess the Event to ensure the ICI coverage (as well as any other coverage changes) as of that date are entered appropriately before finalizing the Event. For more information on reprocessing Events, please reference the following KB document: BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- If no ADM Event exists, follow the instructions found in this KB document to add the Event: BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table
NOTE: The employee may not change ICI elimination periods without completing an application. Please see the UWSHR website for more information.
To the top
ADDITIONAL RESOURCESRelated KBs:
- BN - Reprocessing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - Adding Events to the BAS Activity Table