Web Accessibility - Starting Points for Content Owners
Information regarding how to start evaluating your web content for accessibility.
The UW-Madison is committed to ensuring its websites are accessible to all. These checkpoints are a starting point for evaluating your web content.
- Do properly nested headings create an outline of the content?
- Are items in a list automatically numbered or bulleted?
- Does each data table include column headings?
- More about organization
Text and Images
- Do images have appropriate alternative text descriptions?
- Is the meaning the same if all text is the same color, size and font?
- Does all text have enough color contrast?
- Is the purpose and destination of a link clear from the context
- More about text
- Does non-live audio content have basic transcripts?
- Does non-live video content have captions?
- More about audiovisual