Embedding Kaltura MediaSpace Playlists in Moodle
This KB doc explains how to embed a Kaltura MediaSpace Playlist into Moodle.
MediaSpace playlists may be embedded within a Moodle course. Using playlists may save time when many related, but discrete audio or video resources need to be displayed on a page.
Embedding MediaSpace Playlists in Moodle
Login to https://mediaspace.wisc.edu
Use a web browser to access Mediaspace and then use your NetID to login at the top right of the window.
Manage your uploads at "My Media"
Access videos that you have already uploaded by clicking on the "My Media" button.
Select related videos
- Click the checkbox next to each video that you want to include in a playlist
- Click the "actions" button at the top right of the window
- Within the "actions" dropdown menu click "add to playlist"
Create a new playlist
- Click the text box to name a new playlist
- Click the "Add" button
Click "Manage Playlists"
The new playlist is checked by default. Click on "Manage Playlists" to generate the embed code.
Click the embed button
Customize the playlist properties and copy the embed code
Paste into a Moodle Text Editor
- Open/Edit the Moodle page or file that will display the video playlist. In the WYSIWYG editor, select the 'Toolbar Toggle' to see the full list of editing options.
- Click the 'Edit HTML Source' button.
- On a blank line in the document, paste the embed code you copied from MediaSpace and click the green 'update' button in the bottom left of the editor.
- Click 'Save Changes' at the bottom of your document.