WiscIT - Mute This Ticket
Following the steps in this document will prevent automated emails from sending to the customer.
- Initial email when an incident is created (moved to a troubleshoot state)
- Resolved email when an incident is resolved (moved to a resolved state)
- Customer Survey when an incident is closed (certain criteria is met)
Steps to Mute a ticket.
- Click Mute This Ticket (Customer Emails)
- To unMute This Ticket, click the UnMute This Ticket (Customer Emails)
- You are doing work on behalf of a user and you want to log the work but the customer doesn't need a notification, in fact the notification would cause confusion for the customer.
- A duplicate incident was created and you are closing the duplicate. The notification to the customer may be confusing and they think that their actual incident is being closed.