Active quiz overview
The active quiz module (realtime quiz module) is a new module written in cooperation with the UW School of Medicine and Public Health and Teaching & Research Application Development. This module is based on the original module (realtime quiz module) from Davo Smith, and was re-written with many updates and changes in functionality:
An overview of the active quiz module (formerly known as the realtime quiz module)
- Integration with the Moodle question engine
- Grades are now recorded and sent to the grade book if the relevant settings are used
- Group quizzing with group attendance
- Viewing quiz question responses for each student/group during the quiz
- Poodll question types and multiple choice question types have additional functionality added to help with display of responses
- Additional capabilities to facilitate in-class discussion
This is a type of quiz designed to be used in face-to-face lessons, with a classroom full of computers/tablets/phones. The teacher creates the quiz in advance - adding question bank questions from the Moodle question bank. (This includes any question type available for Moodle)
The quiz can be set up to take the quiz in class groups (set up through the Moodle built in groups functionality). Group attendance may also be used in order only give present group members the final grade.
During the lesson, the teacher starts the quiz. Students can now connect to this quiz. Once the teacher is satisfied that all students have connected to the quiz, they can click on "Start Quiz" Depending on the question settings the question will end automatically, or will need to be ended via the instructor's
"end question" button.
The teacher can, at a later date, go back through the results and, for each question, see exactly what answer each student gave. Students will also be able to view their attempts based on the display options in the quiz settings