EPD Youth Outreach - Camp Badger - Night Counselors - Importing Camp Photos
1. Turn camera off.
Step by step directions to help Camp Badger night counselors import camp photos.
2. Remove memory card.
3. Insert memory card into port on left side of computer.
4. iPhoto will automatically launch as soon as the computer registers the presence of the memory card.
5. Locate and select photos to be imported. The easiest way to select them is to click the first photo, press and hold the shift key, and then click the last photo. This will select all the photos in between. Selected photos have a yellow box around them.
6. Click "Import Selected" in the upper right.
7. A new window will appear asking about deleting photos from the camera. Select "Delete X Photos"
8. The "Last import" window will open.
9. Click the "Camp Badger Photos" folder shortcut in the upper right corner of the desktop. A window may appear with the message "Aliasing folder to Madison." Do not worry, it will load eventually. Navigate the folder tree selecting the current week of camp to the day of the photos to be uploaded.
10. Go back to the iPhoto window. Select all photos (Keyboard shortcut: "Command" + "a"). Drag and drop all of the photos in the appropriate day folder.
11. Create folders for all of the activities from that day. This can be done by either right clicking and selecting "New Folder," or clicking the gear icon centrally located in the window toolbar and selecting "New Folder."
12. Sort all of the photos into the folder they belong to. Do not worry about editing or deleting bad photos.
13. Eject the memory card by right clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting "Eject (memory card name)."
14. Return memory card to the camera and plug it in to charge.