Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Windows) - Delete a calendar
Except for your primary calendar, any calendar that you have created can be deleted. Additional calendars that you open, such as shared, team, or SharePoint calendars can be removed so that they aren't listed in the Folder Pane (The column on the left side of the Outlook window that contains folders for each view, such as Mail or Calendar. Click a folder to show the items in the folder. Formerly the Navigation Pane in earlier releases.) or appear in the Calendar.
- In Calendar, in the folder pane, right-click the name of the calendar that you want to delete.
Note You can’t delete the primary Outlook calendar that appears when you first use Outlook.
- Click Delete Calendar.
- To confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Although you can’t delete the primary Outlook calendar, you can delete all the items on that calendar.
Warning The following steps will delete all items in your calendar, including holidays that were automatically added to the calendar. You can replace default Outlook holidays that are deleted during these steps. All other calendar items are permanently deleted.
- In Calendar, click View.
- In the Current View group, click Change View, and then click List.
- Click in the item list, and then press Ctrl+A or right-click the item you want to select.
- All items in the list should now be selected.
- Press Delete.
When you open these calendars in Outlook, they are added to the Folder Pane in the calendar. This enables you to quickly view the calendar in the future with only one click.
To remove shared, team, group, and SharePoint calendars, do the following:
- Right-click the name, and then click Delete Group or Delete Calendar.
The calendar is removed from the Folder Pane and no longer appears in the calendar. The calendar itself isn’t deleted as you were only viewing a copy of the information.