HR - Position Change - Voluntary Reassignment (UPS - Movement from University Staff to Academic Staff/Limited)
This procedure outlines changes that are required on position due to movement from University Staff to Academic Staff/Limited as a Voluntary Reassignment. This procedure will ensure that the title, pay rate, and continuity are correct. Additional actions on the employee's empl record will be needed.
This procedure outlines the Position changes needed for a voluntary reassignment from University Staff to Academic Staff/Limited.
- Documentation should be provided with the details of the voluntary reassignment.
To enter a voluntary reassignment update on a position, please follow these steps: 1) Go to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data
2) Copy the Position Number
3) Go to Organizational Development > Position Management > Maintain Positions/Budgets > Add/Update Position Info
4) Enter the Position Number
5) Click to insert a row to the existing Position The effective date will default to today's date, change the Effective Date to the date that the voluntary reassignment is effective. Refer to the documentation for the effective date.
6) Enter the Reason Code or click the search prompt (magnifying glass icon) to search for, and select, the appropriate Reason Code.
- The Reason Code for voluntary reassignment is 110 Voluntary Reassignment (AS/LI).
Job Code - enter the AS/LI job code and tab out of the field
- Title & Empl Class - verify that the Title and Empl class fields have updated correctly
- Continuity - enter the correct Continuity
- Pay Basis - enter the Pay Basis
8) Review the Reports To and Location fields in the Work Location section. Update if needed.
9) Go to the Specific Information tab. Uncheck the Update Incumbents box.
10) Click Save.
11) Go to the Budget and Incumbents tab and click the Job Data link.
12) To update Job Data, click to insert a row. The effective date will default to today's date, change the Effective Date to the date that the voluntary reassignment is effective. This is the same effective date that was used for the position change.
13) Enter the Action/Reason - Position Change/110 Voluntary Reassignment (AS/LI).
14) Click the red Calculate Status and Date box that appears near the top.
15) Update the Position Number field - this will update Job Data wit the new position information.
16) Copy the Position Number
17) Delete the position number
18) Paste the Position Number back into the field
19) Tab out of the field
20) Go to the Job Information tab and verify that the updated fields are correct.
21) Go to the Payroll tab and verify that the Pay Group is correct.
22) Go to the Compensation tab. Verify the correct Rate Code populated based upon the employee's Pay Basis, reference HR - Comp Rate Frequency Overview . Update the Rate Code, if needed.
23) Enter the Comp Rate
24) Verify or edit the bottom Frequency
25) Click the Calculate Compensation button
26) Verify the Compensation Rate (in the top Compensation section) is correct
27) Go to the UW Custom tab
28) Update the Probation Type field
29) Reset the Working Title field
30) Click OK
31) Enter the Work Schedule by navigating to: Time and Labor > Enroll Time Reporters > Assign Work Schedule
32) Enter the Empl ID and select the Empl Record Number
33) Add a row
34) Enter the effective date of the voluntary reassignment
- Select E40_MTWRF_8H in the Schedule ID field