Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Windows) - Create or add a contact
You can capture and organize information about people by creating contacts. Contacts are like electronic cards that store a person's information. A contact can be as basic as a name and email address, or include more information like a street address, multiple phone numbers, and a photo.
Once you've saved someone as a contact, you can type the first few letters of their name into an email, and Outlook will fill in their email address for you. Or with a few clicks, you can call that person without ever having to look up their phone number.
- Click People at the bottom of the screen.
- In the New group, click New Contact or press Ctrl+N.
Tip To create a contact from anywhere in Outlook, press Ctrl+Shift+C.
- Enter a name and any other information that you want to include for the contact.
- If you want to create another contact, click Save & New. When you are done entering new contacts, click Save & Close
Tip Want to add another contact from the same company? Just click the little down arrow next to Save & New, and then click Contact from the Same Company.
You can save more than one phone number, email address, or mailing address for someone. For example:
- On the new Contact Card, type your contactÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s first email address in the E-mail box.
- Click the down arrow next to E-mail, and then click E-mail 2. The first e-mail address will be saved and you can type a second one in the field.
If you have a picture of the person saved on your computer (or in some other location), you can use it in their contact information.
- Click the image icon in the new contact box.
- Locate the picture you want to use in the Add Contact Picture box, and then click OK.