MyUW - Release Notes - 2015-07-07
On Tuesday July 7th 2015 MyUW promoted a routine maintenance release to production including a handful of minor fixes.
- Fixes a broken link and otherwise updates labels and links in the Purchasing Resources app.
- Changes labeling to clarify that the link to the tax-sheltered annuity program in the Employee Resources app is not a newsletter.
My UW-Madison Beta
Fixed the phantom left-hand sidebar bug
There had been a really annoying bug where when the left-hand sidebar was minimized, it would still take up invisible space on the page, blocking clicking on links under the space it was taking up. This release eliminates this bug such that the sidebar, when collapsed, does not invisibly take up extra space.
Error experience for Internet Explorer 9 and earlier
MyUW beta works very badly or not at all on Internet Explorer 9 and earlier. In this release the error experience improves to be clearer about this, linking to a KnowledgeBase article about recommended Web browsers for use with MyUW.
See also: MyUW - Expanded mode for widgets .
Better padding around app rendering
Whereas prior to this release many portal applications would render under MyUW beta with an unattractive lack of left-hand margin (sorry), this release fixes that.
- Email widget now handles long email addresses without mangling the page formatting.
- Email widget now has a waiting-to-load experience similar to other MyUW UI components.
- Weather widget now falls back to linking to a UW-Madison institutional website for Madison weather under certain failure conditions