AM - Absence Event Report
This procedure will take you through the process of generating Absence Event Reports.
This report displays employee's absences as they were entered and how they processed (which can be different). It shows days of the week to trace absence patterns. This report is dynamic meaning as soon as you enter the data, and a calculation runs, you can get results. This report could prove helpful in reviewing Exempt employees who report time in increments other than half day. It is used to troubleshoot data entry. If you require employees to enter non-sensitive notations in the Comments for FMLA or Worker's comp, those can be obtained on this report. It will not show absences that are not Approved since they have not processed to payable time.
| Department ID
| Employee ID
| Employee Record
| Employee Name
| FLSA Status
|| Job Data > Job Information > Click on U.S. Flag
| Absence Date
| Day of the Week for the absence take
| Leave Type
| Entered Hours
|| Entered by ESS, MSS, or Administrator
| Processed Hours
|| Results by Calendar > Absence Data
| Decimal 1
|| Absence Event > Details. Displays SABB/ALRA conv amount
| Decimal 2
|| Absence Event > Details. Displays overrides on absence amounts and the cash pay for SABB
| Original Entry Date
|| Absence Event > Details
| Date Last Updated
|| Absence Event > Details. Useful to know when the take was last updated vs when it was entered
| Entry Source
|| Absence Event
| Workflow Status
|| Absence Event. Useful for seeing the status of an absence
| Approver Information
|| Time and Labor > Enroll Time Reporters > Maintain TL Security. Note: Only needed for ESS employees to enter the absence
| Comments|| Absence Event > Details > Comments|
You can find the following information in this screenshot of Absence Event main screen:
- Description of Leave Type, Date of absence, Entered Hours, Original Entry Date, Entry Source, Workflow Status and Details link
- PATH: Global Payroll and Absence Management > Payee Data > Maintain Absence > Absence Event
You can find the following information in this screen shot of Absence Event Details: Date Updated, Decimal 1, Decimal 2, Comments. (To view comments, click comments link on bottom)
- PATH: Global Payroll and Absence Management > Payee Data > Maintain Absence > Absence Event > Details
You can find the following information in this screenshot of Absence Data: Absence Date (Entry Date), Day Count (Processed Hours).
- PATH: Global Payroll and Absence Management > Absence and Payroll Processing > Review Absence/Payroll Info. > Results by Calendar > Absence Data
- Run Control ID: Existing or New
- Report Request Parameters
- Department ID: Select this option if you want to run the report at the department level. If you do not know the department code, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Employee ID: If you wish to generate a report for a particular employee, then you should use this option. If you do not know the employee ID, then you can search for it by clicking on the “” icon.
- Pay Period Begin Date AND Pay Period End Date: The Begin Date and End Date are used to specify the time frame for the report. This will generate a report only for a particular pay period. If you check classified you must use a pay period date or you will receive an error message. If you check unclassified or All, the dates used do not need to follow pay period begin and end dates.
- Class Indicator – Classified, Unclassified or All: This gives you an option to search for a particular class indicator of your choice. If you have no particular preference for class, you can select “All”, and it will generate a report for Classified as well as unclassified employees (depending on the other inputs entered).
- If you check classified you must use the Pay Period Begin Date and Pay Period End Date or you will receive an error message.
- Type of outputs available: Email, File, Printer, or Web
- Formats available for output: EXCEL
- Fields on Excel Output include: Report ID, Run Control ID, Run Time, Report EmplID, Report Pay Period End Date, Report Class Indicator, Dept ID, Empl ID, Empl Rcd, Name, FTE, FLSA Status, Absence Date, Day of the Week, Leave Type, Description of Leave Type, Entered Hours, Processed Hours, Decimal 1, Decimal 2, Original Entry Date, Last Updated, Entry Source, Workflow Status, Approver, and Comments.
To perform this procedure, please follow these steps:
- Navigate to UW Absence Management Reports > Absence Event Report
- If you have never created a Run Control ID:
- Click Add a New Value and enter a run control ID (this can be your initials, name, or any other identifier you choose) and click Add button.
3. If you have created a Run Control ID:
- Either enter your Run Control ID and click Search or
- Click Search and select your Run Control ID
5. On the Process Scheduler Request page, make sure the check box is selected. Then click OK. You will return back to the original screen.
6. Click on the Process Monitor link to view the status of your report. This directs you to the Process List screen.
7. On this screen, look for your process instance and click "Details" when Run Status reads "Success" and Distribution Status reads "Posted". Click the yellow refresh button until it is successfully posted.
8. On Process Details screen, click on the View Log/Trace hyperlink to check the output file.
9. Locate the File List and find the excel file to view the Absence Event Report. Note: There is NO PDF version of this report.
10. The following is a sample of the Excel version of "Absence Event Report" for reference.
11. The report generated can be saved on a local computer or it can also be retrieved from the HRS at a later time.
Related PoliciesUPS OPS