Office 365 (Outlook 2016 for Mac | Outlook 2011) - Create a meeting or appointment
In Outlook 2016 for Mac and Outlook 2011, a meeting is an event that includes other people and can include resources such as conference rooms. To schedule a meeting in Outlook, you create a meeting invitation that you send to the invitees. Responses to your meeting invitations appear in your Inbox. Appointments in Outlook are events that do not involve inviting other people or reserving resources.
Create a Meeting
At the bottom of the navigation pane click Calendar.
On the Home tab, click Meeting.
To send the invitation from an account that isn't your default account, click an account on the From pop-up menu.
In the To box, enter the names of people or resources to include for the meeting.
To search for additional contacts, on the right side of the To box, click:
In the Location box, type a description or location.
When you complete your invitation, on the Meeting tab, click Send.
- By default, new meetings have the Request Responses feature turned on. If you have a Microsoft Exchange account, responses from the attendees are tallied when you open the meeting from the calendar and view the Scheduling Assistant information.
- If you have a Microsoft Exchange account, the status you select for an event affects how the event appears to other people when they view your calendar. If you don't change the status, Outlook shows you as "Busy" during the event. To select a status such as "Free" or "Out of the office," on the Meeting tab, click the Status pop-up menu.
Edit other details for your meeting.
|Display the Time Zone Menu for the Event||
On the Meeting tab, click on the Time Zone Globe.
to the meeting
|On the Meeting tab, click Attachments, and then click Add.|
|Make the meeting a recurring event||
On the Meeting tab, click Recurrence, and then select a recurrence pattern.
|See whether your invitees are available (Exchange accounts only)|| On the Meeting tab, click scheduling
The Scheduling button displays Scheduling Assistant pane at the bottom of the invitation. If you don't see free/busy information in the Scheduling Assistant pane, make sure that your Exchange account is selected on the From pop-up menu at the top of the invitation.
Create an Appointment
- At the bottom of the navigation pane click Calendar.
- On the Home tab, click Appointment.
Tip You can also double-click a time period in the day, week, or month view. The date and time of your selection are automatically entered in a new appointment window. Then, to convert the appointment to a meeting, on the Appointment tab, click Invite.
- Enter the details about the event, and then do any of the following:
To Do This Display the Time Zone menu for the Event On the Appointment tab, click the Time Zone Globe. Make the appointment recurring On the Appointment tab, click Recurrence, and then select a recurrence pattern. Change the appointment into a meeting by inviting other people On the Appointment tab, click Invite.
On the Appointment tab, click Save and Close.
- Open the appointment/meeting that you want to set to recur.
- On the Appointment/Meeting tab, in the Options group, click Recurrence.
- Click the frequency --- Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Yearly--- with which you want the appointment to recur, and then select the options for the frequency.
- On the Recurring Appointment tab, in the Actions group, click Save & Close.