HR - Transfer from University Staff to Academic Staff/Limited
This document describes the high level activities required in order to administer a transfer from University Staff to an Academic Staff or Limited appointment.
- Best practice is to process transfers for a future date, with an appointment effective date of the 1st of the month.
PROCEDURE STEPS:1. University Staff employee accepts new position as Academic Staff or Limited appointee
2. Institution Human Resources enters the transfer:
- Institution HR adds the E40 unclassified employee work schedule using Assign Work Schedule in HRS
- Institution HR adds new Appointment-level funding in HRS
- Institution HR notifies the institution Payroll unit of the employee transfer
- Institution Payroll reviews active general deductions
- Deductions that may need to be updated include: deductions with a bi-weekly amount, and deductions with goal amounts within a certain number of pay periods based on the employee's biweekly pay basis
Timing:- Note that some deductions, such as garnishments, TASC parking/transit, van pool, and certain ongoing voluntary deductions, should not be manually updated or may require consulting with the employee prior to updating
- Institution Payroll unit stops the general deductions from taking from the employee's last biweekly paycheck (completed prior to the confirm of the last biweekly check). If applicable, institution Payroll unit adjusts the deductions to reflect the new amount for the first monthly payroll (completed after the confirm of the last biweekly paycheck and prior to the confirm of the first monthly check)
- Institution Benefits administrator is notified of the pending benefits eligibility change via the Miscellaneous Event Eval report.
- Institution Benefits administrator reviews the employee's benefit enrollments
- Institution Benefit administrator processes the received applications and reviews the timing of deductions
- If the employee enrolled in ICI, FSA/HSA, or Savings (TSA or WI Deferred Compensation) plans, the employee completes the appropriate benefit forms to change plans and/or update the per payroll contribution
- Institution Absence Management unit removes all future-dated (equal to or after the effective date of new appointment) absence takes for the former University Staff job
- Institution Absence Management unit completes the Absence Management Movement from University Staff to Academic Staff or Limited Appointee form
-Select the New Position check box. Send an email, with the form attached, to the Service Center Affinity Group to create a WiscIT. The Service Center Affinity Group will process all leave balance transfers as needed
- TL - Assign Work Schedule (Payroll Coordinator)
- FN - Add or Change Appointment Level Funding for Employee's Salary Expense
- PY - Maintain Employee General Deductions
- AM - Results by Calendar