Support for Microsoft Software for Personally-owned Computers
- Office for Mac and Windows is available from the Office 365 portal.
Windows 10 Education (students only)
- Login to the Campus Software Library.
- When you click "Microsoft Windows 10 Education for students" and agree to the license terms, two things will happen:
- We will offer you a download of the Installation Guide, which you should read before installing. Depending on your browser's settings, that download might begin immediately or present you with a dialog asking you where to save the document.
- Within 60 minutes, we will send you an email with an installation key and a link to the Windows 10 download (hosted by Microsoft). Please confirm that your email address (below) is correct.
- System Requirements from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications#sysreqs
- If you're running Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus software, you'll need to upgrade to at least version 12.1.6 for compatibility with Windows 10. UW-Madison students can download that here: https://software.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/ssl/csl_download.cgi?group_id=71.
- Microsoft limits each student to one installation key for Windows 10 Education. If you have previously obtained an installation key and download link from this page, or are not eligible for it, Windows 10 will not be visible to you.
- The Windows 10 installers can be used to upgrade computers running the Pro or Home editions of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. They can also be used for a clean (non-upgrade) installation on other versions/editions of Windows, or in a virtual machine on Macintosh in either Parallels or Boot Camp, assuming the computers meet Windows 10 system requirements.
- Only 64-bit Windows 10 supported
- You must:
- install Windows 10 (64-bit) in a separate partition
- have Boot Camp 6 installed (you should get an auto update soon if you're running Boot Camp 5)
- For more information and a list of supported machines, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204990
Windows 10 shortcut keys from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/itshowcase/Article/Content/624
Students licensed to use Office and Windows and faculty/staff licensed to use Office can download it from the Campus Software Library.
To better assist you with any issues that may occur when downloading software, all downloads are linked to a NetID.