Office (for students, faculty, and staff)
- To download Office for Mac and Windows, go to the Office 365 portal.
To get a key and download link for Windows 10 Education (students only)...
- Login to the Campus Software Library.
- Click on the Microsoft for Personally-owned Computers link.
- Scroll down to the email address field and confirm that your email address is correct. If it's not, change it.
- Scroll down to the "Microsoft Windows 10 Education for students" item, click on it, and, if you agree with them, accept the license terms.
- We will then offer you a download of the Installation Guide, which you should read before installing. Depending on your browser's settings, that download might begin immediately or present you with a dialog asking you where to save the document.
- Within 60 minutes, we will send you an email with an installation key and a link to the Windows 10 download (hosted by Microsoft).
- System Requirements from Microsoft: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-specifications#sysreqs
- If you're running Symantec Endpoint Protection antivirus software, you'll need to upgrade to at least version 12.1.6 for compatibility with Windows 10. UW-Madison students can download that here: https://software.wisc.edu/cgi-bin/ssl/csl_download.cgi?group_id=71.
- Microsoft limits each student to one installation key for Windows 10 Education. If you have previously obtained an installation key and download link from this page, or are not eligible for it, Windows 10 will not be visible to you.
- The Windows 10 installers can be used to upgrade computers running the Pro or Home editions of Windows 7, 8, or 8.1. They can also be used for a clean (non-upgrade) installation on other versions/editions of Windows, or in a virtual machine on Macintosh in either Parallels or Boot Camp, assuming the computers meet Windows 10 system requirements.
- Additional requirements for Boot Camp:
- Only 64-bit Windows 10 supported
- You must:
- install Windows 10 (64-bit) in a separate partition
- have Boot Camp 6 or later installed
- For more information and a list of supported machines, please visit https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204990
To better assist you with any issues that may occur when downloading software, all downloads are linked to a NetID.