Help Desk ACD - Install and Enable Silverlight for Viewing Snapshot Data
This page shows how to install and enable Silverlight to view the Help Desk's ACD Snapshot page.
Install the Silverlight Plugin
Note: Silverlight is not compatible with Microsoft Edge on Windows or Chrome on OSX.Go to Get Microsoft Silverlight to install the plugin on your computer.
Enable the Silverlight Plugin
ChromeNote: These instructions will only work in Windows. Silverlight is not supported in Chrome in OSX.
- On the address bar in Chrome, type chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
- In the Enable NPAPI Mac, Windows box, click Enable
- Exit and restart Chrome
- Reopen the page containing Silverlight content
- Depending on your version of Chrome, you may need to do one, or both, of the following:
- Click on the Shield icon at the end of the address bar and choose Load unsafe scripts
- Right-click the broken puzzle piece image and select Run this Plugin
- Open the FireFox menu
- Select Add-ons
- Select the Plugins tab on the left
- Scroll down until you see the Silverlight Plug-in listed in the main content area
- Set the Silverlight Plug-in to Always Activate
- Depending on your version of FireFox, you may need to do one, or both, of the following:
- Click on the Shield icon at the beginning of the address bar, click the Options button, and choose Disable protection for now
- When you come to a page with Silverlight content, click on the icon that says Tap here to activate plugin.
- Open the Tools menu (gear icon) and click Manage add-ons
- Under Show, click All add-ons
- Click Silverlight, choose Enable
- Close the Tools menu
- Make sure to visit the page that has the Silverlight content you want to view before doing the following steps
- Public Help Desk Page: kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk
- Click on Safari in the menu bar and choose Preferences
- Click on the Security tab
- In the Internet plug-ins section, click on Manage Website Settings
- Click on Silverlight in the left menu.
- Locate the website you want to run the content
- Public Help Desk page: kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk
- In the drop down menu for each site, choose Allow
- Click Done