Parallels, Windows 10 Education, Installation Bundle for Students
This is an overview of the product and what happens when a student orders.
As of 09/01/2015, the Tech Store is selling this bundle for $59:
70235 - Windows on Mac Bundle for Students: Includes Parallels, Windows, and Installation
- 70233 - Installation for Parallels/Windows Bundle
- 71862 - Parallels Desktop Standard v11. License and Download.
- 71698 - Microsoft Windows 10 Education
This bundle can be purchased in-person in the Tech Store or by phone. It cannot be purchased in the Tech Store catalog.
Here's what happens after an order:
- Within 30 minutes of the order, the Tech Store sends three emails to the student:
- Parallels key and instructions.
- Windows key and instructions.
- Bundle instructions
- The student can drop off their computer at Repair any time after they order.
- The student must leave their bundle order number with the computer when dropping it off.
- If they've received their keys, they should leave those with the computer when dropping it off as well (identifying which is Parallels and which is Windows). That isn't mandatory, but makes it easier for Repair.
- If the computer is encrypted, the student must leave the password with Repair or they will not be able to do the installation.
- After Repair receives the computer, they will perform the installation. (First come, first serve. Time to complete the installation will vary depending on workload.) If the student didn't drop off the keys with the computer, Repair can get them from WISC (will need WISC Admin rights)
- During installation, Repair will create a parallels.com account for the student. They will use the student's NetID email address as the username and will give the password to the student when the student picks up their computer.
- When installation is complete, Repair will contact the student for pickup.