Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Accessibility Spec Role
The Learn@UW Accessibility Spec Role allows service providers course access so they can facilitate student accommodations.
Service providers will have read only access to content at all times. Please see below for a more detailed list of their access.
This role has access to:
- See all content, including:
- content that hasn’t yet been released to student
- courses that aren’t yet open or have been closed (the closed course most often comes into play when we are looking at content for a previous semester to plan for a future semester)
This role cannot:
- Edit or Modify any content or settings for the course, including Gradebook settings.
- Participant in course in terms of making posts, turning in assignments, receive grades, etc (we can use professional judgement on this one if needed)
- Assign or change roles
This role is displayed in the class list under staff.·
In order to add someone to your course with the Accessibility Spec role, please use the following procedure:
Learn@UW - Adding Participants to a Course
If the person is already in your course with a different role, please follow the steps in the link below to change the user's role: Learn@UW (UW-Madison Only) - Changing Enrollment from Student to Instructor