D2L - Accessibility Spec Role (UW-Madison)
UW-Madison is adopting Canvas as the single, centrally supported learning management system, and discontinuing support for Desire2Learn (D2L) and Moodle. Access to D2L and Moodle will permanently end June 1, 2018. For information about retaining materials from D2L or Moodle, please refer to this document.
The D2L Accessibility Spec Role allows service providers course access so they can facilitate student accommodations.
- See all content, including:
- content that hasn’t yet been released to student
- courses that aren’t yet open or have been closed (the closed course most often comes into play when we are looking at content for a previous semester to plan for a future semester)
- Edit or Modify any content or settings for the course, including Gradebook settings.
- Participant in course in terms of making posts, turning in assignments, receive grades, etc (we can use professional judgement on this one if needed)
- Assign or change roles
In order to add someone to your course with the Accessibility Spec role, please use the following procedure:
D2L - Adding Participants to a Course
If the person is already in your course with a different role, please follow the steps in the link below to change the user's role: D2L - Changing Enrollment from Student to Instructor