Learn@UW-Integrating Webassign with D2L
This document covers how to integrate Webassign, a third party tool from Cengage, with D2L so grades can be passed between Webassign assignments and the D2L gradebook.
**Please Note: Students should create an account through D2L, and not directly at the Webassign website, to avoid data security issues**
Step 1: Set up a course in Webassign administrative dashboard:
- Go to http://www.webassign.net
- Create a Webassign account, or login to your current Webassign account.
- Create a course when you have finished creating and account or logging in
- Choose "Create Course with no assignments" if you are creating a course for the first time OR choose "Copy assignments and settings from an existing course" if you already have a course you wish to duplicate
- Begin to fill out the "Course Editor" form. Please note, "Course Number," "Course Title," and "Course Section," do not have to match the exact information in D2L. Label the course in a way that will make sense for you and your students.
- In the section labeled, "Roster" choose the radio button for "Students Access from D2L."
- Finish filling in the course details, choose your course book, and select "Create Course"
Step 2: Sync your course with D2L
- Click on "Tasks" on the navigation bar in the Course Dashboard
- Choose "Edit Course Settings"
- Select the class you wish to sync with D2L
- Click on the link for "Desire2learn Integration"
- A new window will pop up. Ignore the top level information.
- Copy the information from the two tables:
- Open your email client, (Outlook, wiscmail, etc.)
- Write a new EMail to email@example.com
- In the subject line write: WEBASSIGN Integration
- Paste the two tables into the body of the email
- Please list the D2L course # (OU) so we can double check the information. This is the last group of digits at the end of your D2L course web address.
- When the integration is complete, you will receive notice.