BN - Running the Populate Eligibility Config Process Ad Hoc
The Populate Eligibility Configuration Process (Elig Config Pop) translates information entered in Job Data and on the UW Benefits Tab to values on the Benefits Program Participation Page. These values are then read by Benefits Administration (or Ben Admin) which assigns the employee to the appropriate Benefit Program based on these values.
The Populate Eligibility Configuration Process (Elig Config Pop) translates information entered in Job Data and on the UW Benefits Tab to values on the Benefits Program Participation Page. These values are then read by Benefits Administration (or Ben Admin) which assigns the employee to the appropriate Benefit Program based on these values. For information on the values entered in the eligibility fields, please refer to: BN - Benefits Eligibility Fields .
- Run Control
- Employee ID (Empl_ID) Number
- Values assigned to Eligibility Config Pop fields under the Benefit Program Participation Page on JOB Data
- This process will run automatically every night and evaluate all employees who had a JOB row entered since the last time the process ran.
- Benefit Administrators can run this process ad hoc for a specific employee based on proximity to a payroll.
- Benefits Administration (via On Demand Event Maintenance) must be run after this process to ensure the employee is assigned to the appropriate Benefit Program.
- The Populate Eligibility Configuration process may at times run to a status of "blocked." This is due to multiple people in the system submitting the job to run simultaneously. Do not submit again if this occurs. The process is in queue and will run when the other job has completed.
In the example below, the employee has voluntarily decreased their FTE in conjunction with a position change effective 8/23/2015. This will result in the employee moving from receiving the Full Employer Share to the Less Than Half Time Rate for State Group Health. The A payroll is due to finalize today and you want to ensure the employee is charged (prospectively first coverage month following reasonable notice to the employee*) the appropriate rates for health insurance on the September payroll for October premium. In this case, you will want to run the Populate Eligibility Config Process followed by Benefits Administration using On Demand Event Maintenance for this employee.
*Please note: Coverage may not be canceled nor premiums increased retroactively unless done after consultation with OHRWD. Employees with special circumstances such as military leave, Family Medical Leave (FMLA or WFMLA), and/or leave under Worker's Compensation require consultation with OHRWD.
2. Click on Find an Existing Value and then Search to find a Run Control value.
- If you do not have a Run Control set up, you can click on the Add a New Value tab and create a Run Control ID.
3. The Run Control page will open. Be sure the "Process From Participant List" is checked. This will allow you to run the process for a specific individual. Enter the employee's ID number (Empl_ID) and tab out of the field. The employee's name will appear next to their Empl_ID.
- You can run this process for multiple employees by clicking on the + sign to add additional rows.
4. When all employee ID numbers have been entered, click the Run button in the top right corner of the page.
5. The Process Scheduler page will appear. Click OK to continue.
6. You will be returned to the Run Control page. A Process Instance will be assigned to your run of the process. Click the Process Monitor hyperlink to continue.
7. The Process Monitor page will display with a Run Status of Processing and Distribution Status of N/A. You can click the Refresh button to move the process to the next stage or
come back at a later time to view the status. If the process has a Run Status of "Blocked" it means it's in the queue to run after another process has completed. Do not submit again.
8. When the process has finalized, the Run Status will be Completed and the Distribution Status will be equal to Posted.
9. Navigate to Workforce Administration > Job Information > Job Data, enter the employee's ID number and Search. Then click the Benefits Program Participation link shown below.
10. Note that values have changed in the Benefits Program Participation fields. In this case, the value of "P" has been populated in Field 2 to indicate that the value has been changed
from Full Employer Share to Less Than Half Time.
11. Values will be read by Benefits Administration (Ben Admin) Process and the employee will be assigned to the appropriate Benefit Program effective 8/23/2015.
12. To run Benefits Administration ad hoc, please refer to: Document 24593 is unavailable at this time. .
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids
- BN - Benefits Eligibility Fields
- BN - Benefits Administration
- BN - Processing Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- Document 18972 is unavailable at this time.
- BN - Deleting and Voiding Events Using On Demand Event Maintenance
- BN - MSC Event Evaluation Report
- BN - Employee Process Status Report