ECMS - Perceptive Experience Technical Specifications, Prerequisites, Release Notes
This document explains Perceptive Experience Technical Specifications, Prerequisites, Release Notes.
Perceptive Experience Technical Specifications, Prerequisites, Release Notes.
Perceptive Experience Technical Specifications
Perceptive Experience allows you to view andmanage your structured and unstructured digital content with the use of Perceptive Experience Apps on any device.
Users must access Perceptive Experience from one of the following supported OS & browser configurations:
- Windows OS:
- IE 11: Note - IE 10 was originally targeted for support, but due to IE 10’s lack of support for HTML5 standards that are needed to deliver ECM features, Lexmark is preparing to drop IE 10 from the Technical Specifications.
- The Microsoft Edge browser available on Windows 10 is currently being tested and will likely be listed as a supported browser soon.
- Mac OS X 10 and iOS 8 & 9:
- On Android OS devices:
Supported browser versions are listed, however we recommend that you upgrade to the latest patch of the supported browsers. Note that some browsers release automatic updates and some browsers no longer support version numbers.
Browser versions that you update after you install Perceptive Experience are also assumed to work unless otherwise noted. Contact Product Support if you find browser incompatibility.
Perceptive Experience Content App Prerequisites
For Perceptive Experience Content Apps that allow you to access and manage information from Perceptive Content, the following software prerequisites are required.
- Perceptive Content Client and Server 7.1.x
- Integration Server 7.1.x
We recommend that you install the Perceptive Experience Apps on the same web server as Integration Server to support the known functionality of the identified browsers.
- Tasks: releasing in Experience Content Apps 1.1.0 at the end of October, 2015.
- Content Capture: will first be released in Experience Content Apps 1.1.0 at the end of October, 2015. Initial capabilities include the ability to capture via import from file system as well as scanning using a Captiva Cloud Toolkit enabled scanner. Refer to this page to check if your scanner model is Cloud Capture Certified.
- Workflow: scheduled for mid to late Q1, 2016.
- Next defined priorities for development in Q1-Q2, 2016, are Tasks Assignment, Folder Search and Hierarchy Navigation, and Document Search. NOTE: Folder and Document Search will be incrementally released. First release will enable admins to create prompted filters from within the Management Console View Designer based on Folder Name and Folder Type for folder search; and document keys for document search which can be presented to users in Experience. Next iterations may include additional functionality such as the display of prompted filters on custom properties for String, Numeric, and Date values.
Perceptive Experience Release Notes
Perceptive Experience Content Apps 1.0 Release (August 15, 2015)
Perceptive Experience Content Apps in this release provides you with the Documents App functionality. With the Documents App you can view and manage your content with the convenience of a web browser outside of Perceptive Content itself. This guide provides an overview of the new functionality available to you. ##### Available features
This section highlights the features available in the Perceptive Experience Content Apps, version 1.0.
- v1.0 - View, print, and download documents.
- v1.0 - View annotations created in Perceptive Content.
- v1.0 - Create and modify highlight, line, sticky note, text, and text stamp annotations.
- v1.0 - View, modify, and save forms content.
All Perceptive Experience users can print and download documents regardless of any print or export privileges defined in Perceptive Content.
Perceptive Experience Documents App 2.0 (June, 2015) - 2.4 Released (September, 2015)
The Perceptive Experience Documents App allows you to view and manage documents captured using Perceptive Content or WebNow. Documents usually consist of one or more pages which can be emails, reports, invoices, or non-image file formats such as DOC and TXT. The Documents App also allows you to use annotations and forms functionality with your documents when applicable.
The following features are available in the Documents App
- v2.0/2.1 - Request a document for viewing via a URL which specifies either Document ID, Document Keys, or Custom Property values in the URL request.
- v2.0/2.1 - Run an Administrator defined View to return a list of documents based upon administrator defined constraints which could include variable constrains relative to the requesting user's user profile data to return documents only relative to the user (i.e. my HR documents, my Student documents, my Patient documents when requested by the user). Note: this only includes Views and does not include running Public or Private Filters.
- v2.2 - You can view and open documents in workflow queues according to the privileges assigned in Perceptive Content.
- v2.3 - You can now print all pages or subpages in a document using
You can request a document for viewing via a URL which specifies either Document ID, Document Keys, or Custom Property values in the URL request.
Forms 2.0 Release (June 2015)
Perceptive Experience Apps which allow you to view, modify and save form contents, consume the common Forms component.
The following features are available in Forms, version 2.0.
- You can select between multiple forms and multiple presentations.
- You can reset forms data.
Viewer 2.2/3.0/3.1 Release (June, 2015), 3.2 (July, 2015), 3.3/3.4 (August, 2015),
Perceptive Experience Apps which allow you to view and manage documents, consume the common viewer component. You can open and work with documents in Viewer.
The following features are available in Viewer
- v2.2 - You can view TIFF, PNG, BMP, JPG, and PDF documents including options for Best Fit, Fit to Width, Fit to Height, and view at 100% original resolution.
- v2.2 - You can view and navigate thumbnails of pages.
- v2.2 - You can select a thumbnail and press the delete button to delete the page for the currently selected thumbnail.
- v2.2 - You can navigate between pages using the next and previous page buttons.
- v2.2 - You can enter a specific page number to navigate to the page.
- v2.2 - You can rotate and zoom pages.
- v2.2 - You can view document properties including Document Keys, Customer Properties, and Page Properties.
- v3.0 - Displays documents from Perceptive Content as well as any document source.
- v3.0 - Displays annotations on documents with any resolution provided you use Perceptive Content, version 7.1 and have File-Image-Service installed. If you use a lower version of Perceptive Content, the viewer displays annotations only on documents with a resolution of 300 dpi.
- v3.2 - You can save annotations for multiple pages.
- v3.2 - Supports Small Form Layout with Agnostic Viewer.
- v3.3 - You can download a page from the Viewer.
Perceptive Experience Annotations Library 1.0 Release (March, 2015), 1.1 (May, 2015), 1.2 (May, 2015). 2.0 (June, 2015), 2.1 (July, 2015)
The following features are included in this initial release of the Annotations Library 1.0.0.
An annotation is a graphic that you can add anywhere on an image in Perceptive Experience to show markups or comments without affecting the original image. Annotations functionality can be used within the Perceptive Experience Documents App.
This section highlights the features available in the Perceptive Experience Annotation Library
- v1.0 - You can add sticky note annotations to an image from an annotation template.
- v1.0 - You can add comments to a sticky note annotation.
- v1.0 - You can view all historical comments associated with a sticky note annotation.
- v1.0 - You can view highlight, rectangle, oval, line and arrow annotations created and applied to an image in Perceptive Content on. You can view annotations that are applied to TIFF, PNG, BMP, and JPG files.
- v1.1 - Add, modify and delete highlight annotations.
- v1.1 - View text and text stamp annotations created and applied to an image in Perceptive Content. You can view annotations that are applied to TIFF, PNG, BMP, and JPG files.
- v1.1 - Delete sticky note annotations.
- v1.2 - Users with view access to annotations are notified if any annotations applied to the page cannot be displayed.
- v1.2 - You can move arrow, line, rectangle, oval, text and text stamp annotations that were created and applied to images in Perceptive Content.
- v2.0 - ou can now apply annotations to BMP, GIF, JPG and PNG files.
- v2.0 - You can choose to show or hide the display of annotations on a page.
- v2.0 - You can create, modify, and delete text stamp annotations.
- v2.0 - You can now create and delete text annotations with both predefined and inline text.
- v2.0 - You are now prompted when an annotation is marked for deletion, allowing you to undo the action if desired.
- v2.1 - You can create, modify, and delete line annotations.
- v2.1 - You can create and delete text annotations with both predefined and inline text.
- v2.1 - You can edit text annotation content and font properties.