BN - Benefit Program Assignment Job Aid
This document provides Benefit Administrators with a list of the eligibility requirements for each Benefit Program. The second page provides an explanation of how Populate Eligibility Configuration process assigns values to the Eligibility Fields 1 through 5.
Benefit Programs are assigned by a process called Benefits Administration. The Benefit Program drives the following:
- Eligibility for the Wisconsin Retirement System
- WRS category the employee will be automatically enrolled in (WRSGEN, WRSTEA, etc.)
- Whether premiums will be taken before or after state and federal taxes
- Which plans an employee will be allowed to enroll in (ICI, UIA, Grad versus Regular SGH, etc)
- What premiums an employee will pay for specific benefits (such as SGH)
- The deduction schedule (premiums paid monthly, biweekly A or B, Craftworker B/A, etc.)
Populate Eligibility Configuration assigns values to the Eligibility Fields on JOB Data. Benefits Administration will then use those values to assign the employee to the appropriate Benefit Program. This job aid will help explain what criteria is used and how these values get assigned.
- Values entered on JOB Data
- Populate Eligibility Configuration Process
- Benefits Administration
- Benefit Program Assignment
- Each time an Effective Dated Row is added on JOB Data, Populate Eligibility Configuration will evaluate if any of the Eligibility Configuration Fields need to be updated and enter the appropriate information.
- Populate Eligibility Configuration runs every night from Sunday through Thursday. It can be run ad hoc by the campuses if needed.
- Employee electing to have their benefit premiums taken After Tax must submit this request in writing. Campus Benefit Administrators will need to open a WiscIT and assign it to the UW Service Center to have the appropriate value entered on Job Data.
Printable Version: Benefit_Program_Eligibility_Job_Aid_10192015.xls
Related Policies, Job Aids and Forms
Related Job Aids