OverviewThis document provides Benefit Administrators with a list of the eligibility requirements for each Benefit Program. The second page provides an explanation of how Populate Eligibility Configuration process assigns values to the Eligibility Fields 1 through 5.
Populate Eligibility Configuration assigns values to the Eligibility Fields on JOB Data. Benefits Administration will then use those values to assign the employee to the appropriate Benefit Program. This job aid will help explain what criteria is used and how these values get assigned.
- Each time an Effective Dated Row is added on JOB Data, Populate Eligibility Configuration will evaluate if any of the Eligibility Configuration Fields need to be updated and enter the appropriate information.
- Populate Eligibility Configuration runs every night from Sunday through Thursday. It can be run ad hoc by the campuses if needed.
- Employee electing to have their benefit premiums taken After Tax must submit this request in writing. Campus Benefit Administrators will need to open a WiscIT and assign it to the UWSS Service Operations to have the appropriate value entered on Job Data.
The Benefit Program drives the following:
- Eligibility for the Wisconsin Retirement System
- WRS category the employee will be automatically enrolled in (WRSGEN, WRSTEA, etc.)
- Whether premiums will be taken before or after state and federal income taxes
- Which plans an employee will be allowed to enroll in (ICI, UIA, Grad versus Regular SGH, etc)
- What premiums an employee will pay for specific benefits (such as Grad or Regular SGH rates)
- The deduction schedule (premiums paid monthly, biweekly A or B, Craftworker B/A, etc.)
Printable Version: Benefit_Program_Eligibility_Job_Aid_09252017-2.xls