WiscWeb CMS - Responsive Tempate (rst) - Creating a New Page
This document will walk you through creating a new page in your responsive WiscWeb CMS website.
Before you add a new page, you need to navigate to the page on which you want to add a subpage. For example, if you are adding a new page to your top level navigation, you would want to be on the Home page. If you have a Home > People page, and you want to add a Faculty section, then you would want to be on the People page before starting.
- After you've navigated to the page on which you want to add a sub-page, click on Open Page.
- Once the page is opened, click on Page Information at the top of the page.
- Scroll down the page to "Navigation Options."
- In "Manage Child Pages" you will see any child pages that already exist for that page. To add a new one, click on the red dot next to "Manage Child Pages."
- Click on Create and Connect Page.
- Click on Blank Page.
- Name the page (e.g. Page - Faculty).
- The new page will be added to your "Manage Child Pages" section. Navigate there and click on your page.
- You will be taken to your new page. You will want to edit the following settings:
- Menu label: If you are displaying this page in your navigation, this is what will show up in navigation.
- Show in navigation: This setting will determine where the page shows up on your site.
- Mega Menu Columns: If your site uses the Mega Menu, this controls how many columns are displayed on the page.
- Sidebar navigation: Determines if the page has a sidebar or not.
- Breadcrumbs: Determines how breadcrumbs will be displayed on the page. In most cases, you want to leave this as Inherit.