EPD supports the Explain Everything app to create annotated recorded presentations/screencasts on mobile devices.
1. Start a new project in Explain Everything by importing existing files.
2. Save the untitled project locally at the start of the session, prior to recording.
3. Preview imported slides to ensure they are formatted properly and edit/update if necessary.
4. Become familiar with the annotation tools needed for the presentation.
Notes about Recording
Notes about Editing
Cut & Trim Content
Instructors are responsible for making basic edits to their explain everything projects. For example, they may need to cut the beginning or end of the recording, or they may also cut small segments from within the video. Here are the basic steps for editing:
1. Move the play head (red line) to needed position by sliding the timeline left or right.
2. Tap and hold the red line to reveal the edit menu.
3. Select Set Mark to mark the beginning (or end) of the area to be trimmed.
4. Repeat steps 1-3 (as needed).
5. The clip will turn yellow. Select Delete and Compact to remove the clip without leaving a gap.
7. Export the project to Box by selecting the export button (bottom right corner) to upload the explain everything project file to the appropriate course development folder in Box.