Microsoft Office Home Use Program
The Microsoft Home Use Program (HUP) allows faculty and staff to get the latest version of Microsoft Office through a low-cost purchase and download.
In order to place an order for HUP, you must:
- Be a current University of Wisconsin employee.
- Have a valid UW email address.
- Know your campus's Program Code. Your campus's code may be available from your local IT staff and/or from the Campus Software Library (if your HUP code is listed on the CSL, you'll find a Microsoft Office Home Use Program link here).
Please also note:
- Eligible customers are allowed to purchase ONE license of either Office Professional Plus or Office for Mac. You can't get both.
- The functionality of the products available matches those of retail versions and provide all the benefits you would receive if you bought it at the store.
- Your right to use this software is tied your continued employment with the UW and to continued renewal of UW System's Microsoft Enrollment for Education Solutions (EES).
Access the Microsoft HUP Web Site
- Go to http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/home.aspx and select the country to which you want your order to be shipped and the language for viewing the ordering site.
- Enter your UW e-mail address and the program code, then click on the green SUBMIT button.
- UW Extension employees must use their email ending in @uwex.edu.
- Microsoft will send you an email. Click on the BUY NOW link in that email to purchase Office.
- When the order page comes up, choose your copy of Office and add to cart. Be sure to purchase Office for your platform (Mac or Win)
- Click on Checkout.
- Enter your Billing and Payment information.
- Click on the green Confirm your order button.
- Microsoft will provide information on how to download the software.